Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Andy? Is That You?

Dear AIG,

Are you all on crazy pills?

Bailout money for bonuses? To the tune of $165 million? Honestly, this is starting to feel like a joke. Like the kind where one of your fat cat executives, during a flashy press conference, suddenly unzips his fat cat executive costume and out jumps Andy Kaufman.

But, alas, it seems it's real. Very real and maybe not fixable. And it makes me angry. The hot kind of angry where my temples pulse and my brow furrows and I want to punch someone in the face with my keys. That kind. Bad angry. Danger angry. Keys-in-face angry.

So, I ask you, maybe, just maybe, stop taking the crazy pills and behave yourselves.

7 comments:

Bette said...

On the news, various pundits were talking about how a couple of million is nothing like the trillions also wasted, and why is everyone upset over this more than that? And, of course, they don't get that we're flipping out about this, the last straw, and the ultimate hubris of those involved.

The McKay's said...

I agree...watching these people and hearing about all this makes me go angry as well. who do these people think they are?

Julie said...

Amen. Last I checked, bonuses were merit-based. Tell me again how these bonuses were "merited"?

Dreamer said...

I KNOW! If it weren't so infuriating it would almost be funny. almost...

Patria said...

hi! or aloha! i found your blog from katiedid. i am in love with your "mixed tape" of songs on your blog so i've been coming here all the time to listen to it. it's all the songs i really like so i need to just buy it. hope you don't mind my stalking (:
p.s. i cannot stand aig. love your blog!
-patria

TnD said...

The crazy thing is that these people accept the bonuses. Ethically, how can they do it. How?

Keri and Aaron said...

You said it all. It is totally crazy. Maybe they want the public to hate them. Who knows.