Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Romance, 8 Years After the Honeymoon

Sometimes, after yet another long day at work, if Ian doesn't even offer to help me cook dinner I ask him if he'd like me to pre-chew his food for him, like a baby bird, but then I still make dinner.

Sometimes a freak whisker of disturbing length suddenly and without any fair warning appears on my chin and waves hello to the world and Ian makes fun of it even though I'm mortified, but then he offers to tweeze it for me.

Sometimes I get the thin crust frozen pizza with the peppers and pepperoni and go to great lengths to wipe off the majority of the Parmesan cheese from half with a paper towel, because Ian hates it and insists it smells like feet and I want his frozen pizza to be all it can be for him and not footy.

Sometimes I get the regular crust frozen pizza and Ian goes to great lengths to remove the sausage bits from half because he knows I hate it and doesn't want me to freak out if I get some.

It's all about give and take.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well said. You two are good for each other. Congrats on eight years! By the way, I get and also hate those freak whiskers.

star said...

That is love!