Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Laptop Lamentations... with a Side of Pralines

So I got a fabulous laptop for Christmas from Santa. It has made my interwebbing so darn speedy and portable and, well, comfortable. I can web crawl on the go! Or on vacation! Or in the car (usually when someone else is driving.) Or I can just lounge around on the squishy leather sofa, Trader Joe's pecan pralines at my side (have you had them yet? heaven, seriously.), with something mindless (I mean, CNN) flickering on the TV while I compute to my heartsicle's content. Or at least until the battery runs out. I love my laptop. And in all things PC-related I am truly very staunchly pro-laptop, except... blogging.
El laptoppo is great for a quick dip into the blogosphere but for actually diving in and posting anything? Well, it is decidedly not ideal. You see, posting about events generally involves sharing pictures of said events. (Clearly, in my world bacon can be an event.) All fine and good, except our pictures are uploaded via the cable from my digicam to my big PC the in the office area, not to the laptop. So, in order to post an entry with pictures, I need to be there at the other PC. That's the one without the couch involved. Therein lies the problem. This is one reason, among others, I assure you-- (but most of them chalked up to laziness on my part, ultimately) why this particular blog has suffered in recent months.
BUT, I resolve to be better about picking myself off said squishy leather couch to sit at the photo-storing computer and blog there so that my avid fans (mom) can get a better running update of my lifesicles. Plus, you know what else is conveniently portable? Trader Joe's pecan pralines. ANYWAY. I'm backtracking. In April some of our very most favorite people came to visit. Here are some snaps:




4 comments:

Jen said...

Whoever those little people are, they are CUTE!

nice to have you back!

TnD said...

I see what's been keeping you from us. I thought it was Twitter or FB, but am somehow relieved that is just the good old TV. A worthy opponent and one I know all too well.

Julie said...

It's not only your mom that is an avid fan. Count me in that club, especially when I find pictures of my reascals to view! Speaking of, I spent well over an hour scrolling through those you sent yesterday. So many precious pictures! Thank you!!!

The Jackson Three said...

darling pictures of the kiddies. love the kitchen video - never knew you wanted a kitchen phone so bad. and glad your trip to Kauai was great - we should all move there someday!